Severe Weather Warning in place. Here’s the official Report:
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in parts of the
South Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 11:15 am Tuesday, 6 June 2017.
GALE FORCE WINDS DEVELOPING ON NSW SOUTH AND ILLAWARRA COASTS
A low pressure system is expected to form offshore near to the New South Wales coast today as a cold front moves over the Tasman Sea, causing gale force winds to develop along the South and Illawarra coasts.
GALE FORCE WINDS, reaching up to 70 km/h with peak gusts in excess of 90 km/h are possible along the South and Illawarra coastal fringes from early this afternoon.
Locations which may be affected include Wollongong, Batemans Bay, Eden, Bega, Moruya Heads and Merimbula.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 5:00 pm AEST Tuesday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.